There are plenty of oven-based clean, vegan, and otherwise healthy recipes out there, but sometimes -- even in the winter -- you just don't want to turn on the oven and heat up the house. Here are some great, no bake recipes your family is sure to love.
Easy Skillet Pork Chops
These pork chops are the perfect meal after a hard day, and also happen to be free from gluten, wheat, and most other allergens. Use organic ingredients for clean eating (though non-organic will work too).
- 4 loin pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 tbsp dijon-style mustard
- 2 tbsp Italian salad dressing
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the mustard and the dressing. Stir with a fork until totally combined.
- Heat the oil in a saute pan over medium heat, moving the pan to coat the bottom with the oil, and allow to heat until the oil shimmers.
- Add the onions and saute, stirring frequently, until translucent.
- Remove the onions from the pan and set aside.
- Turn the heat up to high and carefully place the pork chops into the pan. Brown them on both sides.
- When the chops are brown, turn the heat down to medium-low and cover the meat with the onions and mustard-mixture. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until done in the center.
- Remove the pan from the heat and move from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Serve, topping each chop with sauce and onions from the pan.
Stove Top No Bake, Dairy-Free Mac N Cheese
Sometimes, especially if you have kids in the house, you just need some macaroni and cheese. That can be difficult if you don't consume dairy products, but never fear, this kid-friendly no bake recipe will always hit the spot.
- Eight ounces corkscrew pasta (this recipe works fine with good-quality gluten free pasta)
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free margarine
- 2 ½ cups plain soy milk (you can also use any unsweetened plant-based milk)
- 2 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, melt the margarine in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook, stirring frequently to avoid burning, for about 10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce. Serve immediately.
This beautiful, sunny yellow dish is perfect when you're craving "breakfast for dinner," or you can serve it on the weekends for a nutritious morning meal.
- 8 oz extra firm tofu, pressed to remove water
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 green onion springs, sliced thin
- Break the tofu into bite size chunks.
- Place a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat and add the oil.
- Add the tofu and cook until it starts to turn golden.
- Add the turmeric, granulated onion, and water, and stir until the tofu is evenly coated.
- Add the tomatoes and green onions and cook for one minute more.
- Serve over "buttered" toast squares.
Our Certified Personal Trainers can help you develop a nutrition and fitness plan based on your needs and goals. For a quick reference to help guide your nutrition goals, use one of our fitness calculators.