You’re determined to get in the best shape of your life, so you’ve been exercising with a vengeance. Here’s the 10 million dollar question: How long will you keep it up? Many people start their workouts off strong and then quit because they get bored and lose steam. If you want to keep the fire burning in your exercise relationship, use these 6 tips to spice up your workout.
- Change things up. “Variety is the spice of life” when it comes to workouts. If you’re always on the treadmill or elliptical, your workouts will get boring real fast. Eventually, you’ll start to look at exercise as a chore rather than something you want to do to improve your health. You can go biking one week and run through the park the next. Come up with creative ideas to keep your workouts fresh.
- Dress for the occasion. It may sound odd, but if you feel confident, you’ll put more effort into your exercises. So go ahead and spice up your workout with a sporty new outfit. You don’t need to invest a lot of money, just one or two new pieces will make you feel like a million bucks.
- Find a workout buddy. Having someone to share your fitness journey with can give you the motivation to get your workouts done. In addition, chatting with a buddy while you sweat it out can make time fly. If you are competitive by nature, exercising with someone who’s more fit than you can put some smoke under your bum and make you go harder.
- Switch up the playlist. What good is a workout without powerhouse music to keep you amped? Unfortunately, listening to the same tunes day in and day out can get stale. Spice up your workout by swapping out the music on your playlist.
- Attend a group class. If you need a kick in the pants, attend a Group Fitness class or sign up for Body Fit. Coaches and instructors will put your body to the test. This is a great way to try something different and pull yourself out of a workout rut.
- Strap on your dancing shoes. If you need a little pep in your step, participate in a choreographed Group Fitness class, such as Zumba, R.I.P.P.E.D. or Glow Aerobics. You can burn some serious calories and you won’t even feel like you’re exercising.
Don’t be one of the many people who start their exercise program strong and then lose motivation along the way. Using the above tips will help keep your workouts fresh so you stay motivated to achieve your fitness goals.