Some of summer's biggest events in the Greater Sacramento area take place on or around July 4th. At Cal Fit, we love to celebrate America’s birthday with the communities we live and work in. We're excited to share more about how and where we'll be observing the Fourth of July this year, and hope you'll join us! (Holiday hours are listed below, as well).
First of all, we have some exciting news: we're opening our doors to the community and welcoming them to celebrate the freedom to be fit with us.
From July 1-4, all are welcome to visit Cal Fit for FREE!
Must be a local Sacramento area resident. A photo ID is required. Come enjoy our sparkling pools, state-of-the-art equipment, fun group fitness classes, and more.
Club Hours on July 4th. In observance of the national holiday, a few clubs will be closed, and others will have limited hours. Please check with your club or our Cal Fit app for class and childcare schedules.
Downtown, Howe, and Madison clubs will be CLOSED on July 4th
All other clubs will be open from 7 AM - 3 PM on July 4th.
Have Fun with Us at Community Celebrations. We're joining in on a number of fun events during the next week. Check below, so you'll know where to come find us for high fives and fun prizes.
- Parades. Cal Fit staff and members will be getting their steps in and handing out goodies at the following parades:
- Folsom Hometown Parade: Saturday, June 29th at 9:30 AM, more info here.
- Rancho Cordova 4th of July Parade: Thursday, July 4th at 10 AM, more info here.
- Carmichael Elk's Club Parade: Thursday, July 4th at 10:30 AM, more info here.
- Roseville 4th of July Parade: Thursday, July 4th at 9 AM, more info here.
- Pocket/Greenhaven Parade: Thursday, July 4th at 10 AM, more info here.
- 4th on the Field at Raley Park. Food trucks, fireworks, and plenty of family fun at Raley Field. This event includes many good, old fashioned fun for all ages, with face painting, henna artists, a pie eating contest, potato sack races, a splash pad, live music, a beer garden, and much more! Gates open at 6 PM on Thursday, July 4th.
- Carmichael's Fourth of July. Along with the parade, gobble up a pancake breakfast from 7-11 AM. Additional activities ahead of the fireworks begin at 7 PM, with food trucks, free inflatable fun, live music, and more. Fireworks begin at 9:30 PM.
- Elk Grove's Salute to the Red, White, & Blue. Join the City of Elk Grove as they celebrate 23 years of spectacular fireworks! The Salute to the Red, White and Blue is Elk Grove’s premier patriotic celebration marking the nation’s independence. The day will feature vendors, food trucks, roaming entertainment, a pie-eating contest, bike and stroller parade, live entertainment featuring The Spazmatics, and a fireworks show to top off the night. Listen to the fireworks soundtrack as it's simulcast on 93.7 The River! More info here.We hope you have a fun and safe celebration of our nation's independence this July 4th!