'Tis the season for Holiday fun at Cal Fit! All through the month of December, we'll be hosting a variety of holiday events at our clubs. It doesn't matter if you are on Santa's naughty or nice list, we have something that will help you get in the holiday spirit. On this page, you can learn all the details about Cal Fit's holiday events, including the toy drive, Santa visits, Santa's Body Fit workshops, and specialty fitness classes. (Looking for our holiday hours? Click here.)
Toy Drive. From now until Christmas, California Family Fitness is collecting new, unwrapped toys. You can drop them off in the designated barrels at any of our locations. These toys will benefit three deserving organizations:
- WEAVE Holiday Toy Shoppe helps ensure that clients provide a joyful holiday for their families by allowing parents to select 3 toys and a book for each of their children.
- Keaton's Child Cancer Alliance supports children with cancer and their families with emotional, educational, and financial support while increasing awareness and funding research towards a cure.
- Sacramento Children's Home offers a comprehensive spectrum of prevention, early intervention and mental health treatment programs to strengthen families and stop the generational cycle of child abuse and neglect.
Santa Visits. while the elves hold down the fort at the North Pole, Santa is making a special trip to eight California Family Fitness locations! Take your little ones to meet and tell Santa their Christmas wishes. We'll have great photo opportunities, and all children will leave with a gift. Dates, times, and club locations are as follows:
- Monday, December 10th from 5-7 PM at Roseville
- Wednesday, December 12th from 5-7 PM at Arden
- Friday, December 14th from 5-7 PM at Laguna
- Saturday, December 15th from 10 AM - Noon at Natomas
- Saturday, December 15th from 2-4 PM at Elk Grove
- Monday, December 17th from 5-7 PM at Folsom
- Tuesday, December 18th from 5-7 PM at Rocklin
- Thursday, December 20th from 5-7 PM at Pocket
Santa's Body Fit Workshops. Bring your kids to see Santa at Cal Fit, then join us afterward for a FREE Body Fit workout! Come enjoy a fun and free fitness event for parents and kids to enjoy together. Cal Fit trainers will provide a 30 minute kid-friendly workout designed to fill you with holiday cheer.
Workshops will be held in conjunction with Santa visits (see above). Workout times are as follows:
- Monday, December 10th at Roseville - 5:30 and 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, December 12th at Arden - 5:30 and 6:30 PM
- Friday, December 14th at Laguna - 5:30 and 6:30 PM
- Saturday, December 15th at Natomas - 10:30 and 11:30 AM
- Saturday, December 15th at Elk Grove - 2:30 and 3:30 PM
- Monday, December 17th at Folsom - 5:30 and 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, December 18th at Rocklin - 5:30 and 6:30 PM
- Thursday, December 20th at Pocket - 5:30 and 6:30 PM
Group Fitness Specialty Classes. Need to slim down to fit through a few chimneys this month? Or maybe you'd like to burn off some of the aggression from mall traffic. No reasons necessary, just come have a great time sweating to holiday classics during our seasonal class offerings. We have some dance party options (emphasis on party) that are sure to help your heart be merry and your sweat be bright. Check back for updates as more dance party classes may be added to the schedule!
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Party Elk Grove. Zumba meets U-Jam with instructors Tracie, Desiree, Gloria, and Irina. Wear your ugly sweater! Wednesday, December 12th from 6:30-8:00 PM at Elk Grove. Weather permitting, this will be outside on the basketball court. In case of bad weather we'll be in the group fitness room.
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Party Sports Complex. Zumba in an ugly sweater with instructors Carolanne and Traci! Tuesday, December 18th from 6:00-7:30 PM at Sports Complex on the basketball court.
- Bling in the New Year Laguna. Zumba meets U-Jam for a NYE pre-party with instructors Tracie, Desiree, Renee, and Carla. Monday, December 31st from 8:30-10:00 AM at Laguna on the basketball court.
- Bling in the New Year Laguna. It's a bootcamp special to get you ready for NYE with instructor Kristin! Monday, December 31st from 10:15-11:30 AM at Laguna on the basketball court.
- Bling in the New Year Sports Complex. Start the first day of the new year with a bang at a Zumba party with instructors Kayla, Summer, and Carrie. Tuesday, January 1st from 10:00-11:30 AM at Rocklin Sports Complex on the basketball court.