Editor's Note: This post was originally published in November 2014 and has been revamped and updated for accuracy.
Learning how to start eating clean can help you lose weight, feel better, and get you closer to your health and fitness goals. Try this clean eating diet plan for one week to jumpstart your weight loss, get more energy, and feel great.
Losing Weight With Clean Eating
Losing weight with a clean diet is easy, and you don’t have to be a super chef to do it. Most clean eating diet plans for weight loss are combinations of simple foods with minimal processing, so you can quickly gather your natural ingredients, and easily combine naturally low calorie foods to create delicious clean meals. You can eat healthy while staying on track to reach your goals with these 5 Clean Eating Tips!
Clean Eating Diet Plan Instructions:
Your week of eating clean includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and healthy snacksto fuel your workouts and help you lose weight quickly. Eat each meal/snack roughly 3-4 hours apart, and don’t forget to drink lots of water throughout the day. Try for at least one big glass of water with each meal and snack.
In this clean eating plan there are three options for each meal. For breakfast each day, simply choose one of the three breakfast options. Do the same for each subsequent clean eating snack and meal. If you have a long day and are awake for more than 15 hours, you can have another snack before bedtime to keep your metabolism running hot, and help your body continue to burn fat while you sleep.
Clean Breakfast Meals
Healthy Snacks #1
- Almond Butter on Whole Wheat Toast
- Cucumber and Bell Pepper Slices With Hummus
- Sliced Turkey Wrapped in Lettuce WithLemon-Mustard Vinaigrette
Clean Lunch Meals
Healthy Snacks #2
- Spinach Salad, Chicken Breast, Strawberries With Oil and Vinegar Dressing
- Greek Yogurt, Honey, and Strawberries/Blueberries
- All Fruit Strawberry Jam and Almond Butter on Whole Wheat Toast
Clean Dinner Meals
- Arugula Salad With Green Beans, Salmon, and Dijon Vinaigrette
- Clean Eating Chicken Picata Over Whole Wheat Pasta
- Grilled Sirloin Steak With Sweet Potato Fries and Steamed Spinach
Healthy Snack Options #3 (Optional)
- Sliced Tomatoes and Avocado Over Cottage Cheese
- Apple Slices and Almond Butter
- Egg Salad With Greek Yogurt
Clean Eating Grocery List
Start your week of clean eating by hitting the grocery store to pick up the clean ingredients! Download our free Healthy Go-To's Grocery List to stock up on your healthy essentials.