Each January many of us take the opportunity to reflection the past year and look forward to the year ahead. We consider where we've been and where we're going. It's a time to analyze and visualize. For some it's a call to set goals, for others it's an opportunity to celebrate progress, and there's no reason it can't be both. Regardless of how you approach the New Year's arrival, here are a number of ideas for making the best of this time for reflection and projection:
- Exercise in new ways
- Get better at something
- Overcome a fear or push outside your comfort zone
- Schedule that appointment you’ve been dreading or putting off
- Decide to be more positive about some category of situations
- Give yourself a pat on the back for all you endure
- Thank your friends and family members for helping you through
- Take a much-needed break and pamper yourself
Whatever you do, take some time to listen to yourself. Hear what it is your inner person needs, whether it be challenge or comfort, and do something meaningful to feed that craving.
A special thanks to healthline.com for this information!