Here's another delicious and nutritious recipe from our favorite food guru, Stacey Maedge! This butternut squash soup is a cinch to make, is gluten free, and can easily be adapted for vegan and dairy-free diets.
Here's the video of Stacey making this healthy soup, just scroll down for the recipe. If you've been enjoying Stacey's recipes and advice on our #NutritionFits videos, then you'll be excited to learn that she's going to be teaching nutrition classes in our clubs! The first one is on Thursday, January 17th at our Orangevale club. Click here for more information and registration.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and chunked (here's an easy tutorial for how to peel a squash, or you can purchase it prepared in your produce section)
- 2 apples, cored and chunked
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (olive oil can be substituted)
- dash salt
- bone broth (or vegetable broth for a vegetarian option)
- full fat coconut milk (or heavy whipping cream)
- toppings of your choice
- Place butternut squash and apples on a baking sheet. Drizzle them with oil and sprinkle with salt, toss to mix.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until the squash is fork tender.
- Remove the squash and apples from the oven and put them into a blender. Add bone broth and coconut milk, blending until desired soup consistency is reached.
- Serve the soup with toppings of your choice. Some topping ideas are: crispy pancetta or bacon pieces, sausage, parmesan crisps, pumpkin seeds, toasted pine nuts, creme fraiche, or croutons.
What's your favorite winter soup or comfort meal?