Starting your fitness journey with a personal trainer is an exciting time in your life! You’ve committed to getting on a healthy and fit track with a personal trainer who can offer his or her expertise to get you exactly where you want to, and perhaps need to, be. Congratulations for taking the leap!
Before you get started, it’s a good idea to have a list of questions for your personal trainer as you prepare for this new journey. Whether it’s to make sure he or she is the right personal trainer for you, or to have a strong understanding of what to expect, or to know how to be as productive as possible when committing to your fitness goals, ask away.
Here are nine questions to get you going and of course feel free to add any to the list that you would like to ask. Remember, it’s a journey and you want to feel comfortable with your personal trainer.
- What is your philosophy on fitness?
- What style of personal training do you offer: tough love or encouraging?
- What type of nutrition plan do you recommend?
- How can you help me with my fitness goals of weight loss/muscle gain/sports conditioning/etc.?
- What is the most important thing I should to do to see results?
- How can I stay motivated?
- What should I do when I am not training with you to stay fit and healthy?
- What should I eat before and/or after a workout?
- How can you customize workouts and exercises for me based on my abilities and goals?
By asking these questions, you’re setting yourself up for success, which is a great way to start a personal training regimen. Have you asked these questions before or have any to add to the list that you recommend? Let us know!