Did you know that friends who work out together are not only more likely to reach their fitness goals, they cope with stress better, too? Exercising with a friend has some pretty amazing benefits, and science is behind us on this one.
- A study published in the International Journal of Stress Management found that people who exercised on a stationary bicycle for 30 minutes with a friend said they felt calmer after the workout than those who cycled alone.
- Researchers from the University of Southern California found that people who worked out with friends (or a spouse or co-worker) said they enjoyed the exercise more than those who sweat it out alone.
- And in another study published by the Society of Behavioral Medicine showed that working with a partner improved performance, doubling the workout time of those who exercised alone. More activity = more results!
In a nutshell, exercising with a buddy can be more effective, more relaxing, and overall MORE FUN! Benefits like that are going to help you--and your friends--make fitness a lifelong habit!
Tomorrow is National Stress Day. To celebrate fitness and friends being an ideal combo for combating stress, we're offering you a chance to work out at Cal Fit with a friend for FREE tomorrow! Here's how it works:
- Members over age 18 can bring one (1) non-member guest with them to any of our clubs on Wednesday, November 7th.
- The guest must be 18 years of age or older and be able to present a valid photo ID.
- Your guest will be able to enjoy the club with you for FREE. This includes group fitness classes, pools, basketball, and racquetball courts.
We're making this sweet opportunity even sweeter by giving 1 lucky winner 3 months FREE! Be sure you are following us on Instagram @californiafamilyfitness to qualify. Here's how to enter:
- From now until November 9th, share a photo of yourself using #calfit and tell us how you relieve stress or why you need stress relief.
- We will pick the winner on November 12th!
- Winner will be drawn at random and we will be announcing the winner on social media. Restrictions apply.
Good luck, and de-stress to look and feel your best!