California Family Fitness is proud to work, live, and serve the Greater Sacramento area. It’s important to us to get involved in causes that benefit the health and well-being of our community members. Recently, we learned of an urgent need at a local hospital. We have plans to help, and hope you’ll join us in this endeavor! We invite you to read on to learn more about how fluffy friends can help kids in the hospital.
The emergency department at Sutter Roseville provides a stuffed animal to each child that enters their doors as a patient. Giving young patients something soft to snuggle with is one simple way to offer comfort.
Cal Fit recently learned that the Sutter Roseville Emergency Department is facing a critical shortage in their supply of stuffed animals. It’s our goal to replenish that supply over the course of this summer, and we invite you to join us. Below are two ways to get involved.
Tees for Teddies Contest. We’re ordering a shipment of teddy bears for the Sutter Roseville Emergency Department. They are awfully cute and cuddly, but they need some clothes! We’re holding a design contest for mini-members ages 4-12 to create the design for the t-shirts worn by our teddy bears. The junior designer with the winning entry will receive four (4) tickets to the California State Fair (including free rides), a FREE Parents Night Out, and they will also be given the option to help deliver the bears to the hospital!
How to enter (more detailed rules here):
- Pick up a design entry form for your child at any of our Kidz Klubs beginning Saturday, June 1st.
- Designs must be submitted on the official entry form to Kidz Klubs by Saturday, June 15th.
- Finalists will be announced on Cal Fit social media, so make sure you are following along!
- The winning design will be printed on the t-shirts of the bears we donate to Sutter Roseville Emergency Department!
Donate Fluffy Friends. During the month of July, we’ll be accepting donations to provide additional stuffed animals to the Sutter Roseville Emergency Department. There are three ways to donate:
- Bring a NEW stuffed animal to any Cal Fit location from July 1-31. Any size or species of animal with tags will be accepted, but remember the most comforting ones are the right size for snuggling in a hospital bed.
- Purchase a $5 donor card. 100% of your donation will go toward the purchase of additional fluffy friends. You can purchase your donor card(s) with cash or card at any Cal Fit location.
- Redeem 100 Perks Points to purchase a stuffed animal. Your points will purchase one (1) fluffy friend fro a child receiving care at Sutter Health Emergency Department. Not a Cal Fit Perks member? Get 100 points just for signing up!
Thank you for helping us make a difference in our community!